Last updated on January 4, 2012
Neil’s post gave me the idea to do a ‘Year In Review’ summary, so here’s what 2002 presented me with:
- A year truly living on my own (as my fiancee and I split up in Autumn the previous year therefore I’ve been mainly living on my own)
- Got a brand new PC (complete with new printer and DVD drive) to replace my ageing StrongArm RISC PC
- Got really “mentally” messed around by two women
- Had a lodger, she stole a considerable amount of money from me, then she left without even paying any rent (I’m still trying to pursue this)
- Been forced to purchase a dedicated server (from Positive Internet) as my other sites were generating too much traffic for a shared server option
- Met quite a number of ODP editors in Birmingham and (a few weeks later on my birthday) met a few more in London.
- Met my GESF after around 3 months chatting on the Internet (it was 2 months before we even spoke) and really enjoyed spending those 4 days with her
- Lost my job and still haven’t managed to find a new one
- Started a journal over at Slashdot, got fed up of the inflexibility of it and so installed Movable Type and started running my own weblog/blog
- Received lots of spam (over 1,500 a day at one point)
- and Sold my first things on Ebay and Amazon marketplace
Not the most exciting or “best” year (especially losing my job bit), but I suppose it could have been worse.
This coming year? Well, I’m still not sure if I’m going to go out and celebrate it or not (I’m still in my pyjamas/PJ’s and I’ve only nipped downstairs once to pick up the post) – hopefully I’ll also get a good local job (I’ve applied to a local company and I think I fit the job description perfectly, but I’ve got to wait to hear back), spend a lot more time with my GESF (if she wants to – see my Monday night ramblings for why I’m a little bit scared/uncertain), get the house and garden tidied up a bit more and just be happy. Well – that’s the plan…