Well, yesterday at work we launched Manga High’s Educational Maths Games and we were featured on Radio 4’s “Today” show (6.6million listeners), the Guardian newspaper (0.35million paper readers) and Guardian website (25million uniques per month) and Channel 4’s “News at Noon” (around 1million viewers) and apart from a 3.5hour “outage” between 7.30 (Today show’s broadcast time) and 11am when the site was under terrific load, things went well and we had a very very high number of registrations and visitors.
However, we did have a number of incorrect email addresses entered into the system which caused bouncebacks the the stats were quite interesting:
* We had 1 bounce back from Yahoo
* We had 6 bounce backs from Hotmail
* We had 1 bounce back from Gmail (disabled account)
* We had 3 other bounce back – each from a different domain name
* We had 5 people who entered an incorrect domain name (which didn’t even look like Yahoo/Hotmails/Gmails domains).
I wonder what this indicates – that you are more likely to get people who cannot enter their email address correctly from Hotmail?….